Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I blog to think

About 30% of the entries I write for the blog never get posted, because I cannot get my reasoning straightened out. There are some entries that I post, that I shouldn't have for the same reason.

I write these blog postings because when I try to figure out something complicated, it helps to write it down. When I started a company by myself (10x), I had to make progress with no coworkers for three years. There was no-one with whom to talk over complex ideas. I ended up writing essays to myself, each designed to take someone from the state I had been in before writing the essay (confused) to the state I was in after writing the essay (enlightened).

I've just discovered Paul Graham's site. He does a better job of saying the same thing here.

No comments:

Post a Comment